Only qualified personal, familiar with
pressure relief valves should perform all installations and/or
- Turn off operations system and enable all pressure to bleed
thru prior to installation.
- Remove all thread protectors and plugs from the valve.
- Valves should ONLY be installed in an upright position,
allowing for correct reseating of the valve disk upon opening or
- Clean connecting area of all dirt and grime.
- Apply a small amount or piping compound to the valve inlet
side. Keeping away from the first few threads Tighten valve by
hand to ensure proper thread alignment.
- Using the proper sized wrench on the hex shaped valve body;
tighten to a firm or snug setting.
- Discharge piping MUST be equal to or larger than the outlet
size of the valve; ensuring the flow-rated characteristics are
not compromised. (sizing and discharge).
- Discharge piping MUST be designed to anchor and secured in a
manner to prevent swaying, rattling or vibration.
If the valve is venting to atmosphere, take all
necessary steps to ensure that the outlet (discharge) is pointed
in a direction away from personnel or critical equipment.
When testing a valve, the lift lever is designed
to be opened only when the system pressure is at 80% of the set
pressure (popping or cracking) point.
Keep the valve in an open position for a period of time,
long enough to ensure the cleansing of the seating area.
Have any questions about the installation and
maintenance of your Aquatrol safety, relief, liquid relief, or
pressure valves? Contact us.
Installation / Instruction Sheets:
(PDF will open in new window)